27 January 2018
Assignment #1 – Who represents you?
1. I live in Canton, Michigan and my zip code is 48188. The current Canton Supervisor is Pat Williams. After Phil LaJoy retired after eight years in office, Williams was elected as the supervisor in the 2016 election. Even before he became the supervisor, Williams had already been serving the community for twenty-five years. He was (and still is) a board member of many clubs and groups that serve the community. Williams has a Masters degree in Business Administration and Bachelors degree in Science Business Administration at Lawrence Technological University. According to Williams, he will attend “community events to understand what we can do to keep Canton a leading community that is evolving, vibrant, and diverse. My passion is to ensure Canton is a great place to live, work and play.”
2. My Congress person is David A. Trott. Trott, who presently lives in Oakland County and has lived there all his life, assumed office as the Representative of the 11th District of Michigan on January 3, 2015. Trott graduated high school from Cranbrook. He studied at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor to obtain a Bachelors degree and later obtained his Juris Doctorate at Duke University. Trott is also a CEO of a few companies, including his own, and also co-owns a few. He’s a Republican and he is pro-life, supports gun rights, and he opposes same-sex marriage.
3. My Michigan State Representative is Kristy Pagan. Kristy assumed office in the Michigan House of Representatives on January 1, 2015 as a Democrat. She graduated high-school from Salem High School and later attended Western Michigan University as well as The George Washington University. After she was unable to find a job in Michigan, she moved to D.C. and worked under Senator Debbie Stabenow, that was when she also attended The George Washington University and obtained her Masters degree in Political Management. Kristy wants to invest in education, fix Michigan’s roads, create good-paying jobs, and many other things.
4. My Michigan State Senator is Patrick Colbeck. Colbeck assumed office in the Michigan Senate on January 1, 2011. He graduated from Detroit Catholic Central High School and letter obtained his Bachelors and Masters in Engineering for Aerospace from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and now lives in Canton, Michigan. He also co-founded the Freedom Center and is currently a board member. He wants to reform health care and improve education for children.
5. The Wayne County Commissioner is Joe Barone. Barone assumed office on April 16, 2015. He obtained his Bachelors in Materials and Logistics Management from Michigan State University, Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School, and Masters in Taxation from Wayne State University. He is an active member of many associations and has served to improve his community ever since he was young. Barone is a Republican.
6. My United States Senators are Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters.
7. If I had a problem with my garbage collection, I would go to (blank) to have this addressed. That’s because
8. If I wanted more funding for college education, I would go to (blank) to have this addressed. That’s because
9. The political issue that needs the most attention is (blank), because
10. The elected official that addresses this issue or should address this concern is